Saturday, March 7, 2009

Almost time to move!

The permit has finally been issued and the inspector is due to come out on Monday, March 9. Hoping all will go well and he'll approve the CO. If he does, I'm told it only takes a day or so to get the CO. Once I get that little piece of paper, I can forward it to my lawyer and the buyers bank will finally set a closing date. YAY!

I've spent the last few days packing all the "non-essential" stuff in the house. My kitchen is down to the bare necessities (plates, glasses, pots to cook in) and the cabinets are getting bare! We've sold quite a bit of stuff, too.

Once we get settled in NC, I've got a tentative interview set up at Garrett Reporting in Raleigh. I spoke with one of the owners and she was extremely nice and helpful. Hopefully, this will work out and I can finally get working!

Shania started her allergy shots about a month ago. The vet told us that after a month of shots, we should see some improvement. Of course, in the World of Shania, that improvement hasn't come and we're about a month and a half in. I have to call Dr. Lachhar on Monday to see what our next step is going to be.

We've got a busy few months coming up....we start, obviously, with our move to North Carolina. April will bring Bob's birthday, May brings not only my dad's birthday but the birth of my newest niece/nephew, June is when we'll be traveling to Whistler, British Columbia, Canada for Bob's Circle of Excellence Award, and then in July ... the big finale ~~ MY GRADUATION!

My hope is to finally hear something about the adoption by November. For the last few months, the monthly newsletter from CHSFS has said families have waited 34 months from LID (Log In Date). If this remains to happen, 34 months from our LID (01/11/07) will be 11/11/09. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Now, wouldn't that just be the ultimate birthday present?

Until next time, be well and enjoy!

Faith

No comments: