Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We Finally Had our Inspection!

Yes, the inspector was here yesterday. He came and looked at the sunroom ~ didn't bother to check the fence or shed issues. He asked me a few questions, asked for a letter from my architect stating the footings were to code, and went on his merry way. I immediately called the expeditor who typed up the letter. Bob and I picked up the letter and brought it down to the town. As luck had it, we met the inspector in the building dept. and handed it directly to him (thank God! now it won't be lost or misplaced.) He said the papers will be processed ~ in lamen's terms, the CO is being typed up.

We then went across the hall to see how long this process would take. A very nice woman there told us that we could request "Rush" service; however, we have to wait a day or so for the paperwork to reach the typing bin. I plan to call the building dept. tomorrow to request this service.

Maybe luck is finally on our side! YAY! If all goes well, we can hopefully close sometime next week or early the following week. Our buyers would like it to be early next week as he has the week off from work. All I know is that I have a closing set for March 31 at noon in North Carolina. I want to make that date!

I need to run for now. Lots to do, including packing! I'm also attending an alumni meeting at LIBI tonight. I'm hoping to see some of my friends from nights so I can say "goodbye". It's funny, I'm going to say goodbye but I'll still talk to them by email or on the phone, which is all I do now! Funny how life works!

Be safe, my friends!

Love and kisses,
Faith

No comments: